Rookie Traveler Mistake

I just made a very rookie traveler mistake, considering I've traveled a lot. 

About 3 days ago, I was enjoying my Sunday evening in one of the most basic coffee shop, Starbucks. Together with Anti, my Korean class friend, we talked about a lot of things. We’re actually there to wait for Bebe, my other (former) Korean class friend, who’s a barista there. Anti and I gave a little present to her since a week ago was her birthday.

Photo by me

But because we waited too long for her shift to finish, we’re really really really bored and just talked about many random topics. Long story short, Anti talked about a short trip she wished to take. Then, I suddenly remember that on April 14th (or 2 weeks from then), there were long weekend due to Good Friday. At first we’re planning to only go to Yogyakarta. But Lord-knows-how, we ended up decided to go to Bangkok instead.

I was very hesitant at first because, I’ve been there twice… and twice is enough for Bangkok. But during my hesitance, Air Asia randomly dropped their air fare up to 40% from the original price. Seeing that, I immediately booked and pay for the tickets.

Because it was so sudden and I was a bit hurried (because I was afraid that the price would randomly go back to normal, lol), I made a silly rookie mistake. Instead of using Ms for me and Anti, I put Mr! so when I was about to do self-check in, I couldn’t change the mistake I stupidly made.

I was so shook. It was my first time making a random mistake.

I search on google about my mistake and how to fix it in every possible keyword. I felt a bit relieved when I saw on Air Asia’s twitter, because some people have actually done similar mistake to mine. Also, I found on their website that they could help me change minor mistakes. I felt even more relieved. Although it’s not corrected yet, I knew that it was okay and would somehow be fixed. I calmed a little bit.

I then go to Air Asia live chat only to be disappointed because although I’ve tried for some times, it said the network was still busy and I had to try again in a minute. But I thank God because after 30 minute-ish trying, I was successfully in online queue. I was on number 142 and the approximate waiting time was 45 minutes. I didn’t move a bit from my laptop because I didn’t lose my chance then.

Time went by and I heard a bell notification sound. Finally! I was connected to Naqiah who was very helpful. The respond was fast and my mistake was corrected immediately. Here’s how the chat went.





 All photos by me

Once again, thanks Air Asia!

Also this morning, I received a DM from Air Asia. They asked me to send details about my mistake. But because it’s been corrected, I only said thank you lol, which then they replied you’re welcome.

Screenshot by me

But because it’s been corrected, I only said thank you lol, which then they replied you’re welcome.

Screenshot by me

Thanks Air Asia you just saved 1 sloppy customer worth of 4 tickets back and forth :”)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Fakta Seru Venesia yang Sering Banjir

Ruangan Paling Sepi di Dunia yang Bikin Pingsan

Review Buruk OYO Hotel Apartemen Enviro Cikarang