Chocolate Ville Bangkok Review

In this post, I'll write everything I experienced in Chocollate Ville, Bangkok. Starting from the price, menu, how to get to Chocollate Ville, opening and closing time, what to do there, recommended activities, and everything about it.

Saturday, April 14th 2017, I spent about 30 minutes trying to catch grab taxi. After much difficulties, I finally found my taxi. Not gonna lie, because it was my first time trying to order a grab taxi in Bangkok, it was kind of troublesome. I was in the taxi for about 15 minutes until me and my friend arrived at Chocolate Ville. Thank God there were no traffic jam at all. From Chatuchak Weekend Market to Chocolate Ville we paid around 178 baht (or around 70 ribu rupiah) which is very affordable after being divided by 3 of us.

Chocolate Ville opened at 4 PM until midnight I believe. When I arrived there, it was still 3.30-ish PM. So the timing was perfect right? The first thing we did, of course take whole bunch of picture. I was very pleased by the vibe and design. It was very pretty and European like. I swear that every corner in this place was instagram worthy. Not to mention that it was totally free of admission. You only needed to pay the food you bought, and that's only if you wanted to.

Photo by me

My first photo-shoot spot was in this deck. But of course, it was failed. Not only because this was on a back light position, a kid suddenly came and tried to pose in front of us. It was a kid though so I wasn’t surprised that she didn’t understand that someone was trying to pose. Lol.

Photo by me

Second attempt was on this bench. Pretty location but another failed photo. Other that being in back light location, there was a straight sun light appeared on my photo. But let’s think positively, that maybe if I edit the contrast and some stuffs, it will look better.

Photo by me

Learning from my 2 previous mistakes, I posed while facing the sun. As expected, the photo was now bright. I was pleasingly happy with the result. Although it was a bit too bright for my taste, a little brightness edit on Photoshop would make this photo look better I guess. 

 
Photo by me

Walking in further, I found this nice spot. The house and the tree in the background somehow reminded me about the house in Southern Europe. Very pretty! I took a lot of photos on this spot.

After satisfied with all the photos taken there, I walked to another spot. I found this high tower in which I could climb. From above it I could see the landscape of Chocolate Ville. Going up itself was a bit challenging because the stairs were narrow and shaped in spiral. When I finally came to the second floor from above, the view was amazing. I kid you not. But because of its high, if you have a fear of height –just like one of my friend-, you’d go downstairs immediately. But if you don’t, totally go to the balcony and take bunch of photos. It’s worth the energy you spent. Although it was a bit of struggle to take selfies or photos with yourself in it because that days, there were a lot of wind in that high place. Your hair would definitely looked funky in all photos because of the wind. There’s one higher floor which was even narrower. It also had amazing view. Check some of the pics I took.




All photos by me

I got dizzy going down the stairs. But that doesn’t stop me from exploring and trying to take bunch of photos. I then found indoor spot. Looked pretty and instagram worthy, just like every other corner to be honest.

Photo by me

I was telling my friend to take the picture straight, but I guess it’s too hard, huh?

Photo by me

Right outside of that room, there was a telephone box. Of course, I had to take photos in here as well. In here, there were some dudes who teased me though. They said “hello,” took my photo and just walked away. What a random moment.


 
All photos by me

We then explored another part of Chocolate Ville. There was this cute bike with another European like house for background. For this photo, I legit took off my outer to make my outfit look a bit different.
Photo by me

Right next to that bike spot, there was this playful garden with swing. An Asian woman approached me and asked my help to take her photo with her friends. Of course I said yes, and asked for her help to take our first non-selfie photos. Funny thing was, there was one video of us getting ready to pose. I guess someone didn’t know what to press in Samsung S6.

Photo by me

We then saw this outdoor hall that looks like pre-wedding photography spot. I pose a lot as well in here, but since I looked short, there’s no way I’d upload that photo. Lol. I asked my friend to squat while taking my photo, but maybe I was just too short to appear taller sometimes.

Photo by me

Not far from this beautiful spot, there was a big LOVE sculpture. It wasn’t my favorite spot so I only took selfie in front of it. By the way, let’s take a moment to admire my oily bangs though. You can tell that I sweated a lot because the weather that day was tremendously humid.

Photo by me

We explore what we thought was the last corner of this place. Until later, right when I already ordered grab taxi, I realized that at the other front of Chocolate Ville, there’s another touristy spot for photo shoot. Anyway, I know my pose in this photo was awkward.

Photo by me

We’re done taking photo. Since the weather was extra humid, just as I stated before, we ordered some drinks to refresh our throat. I was definitely dehydrated. If I’m not mistaken, this drink was called mango squash and cost me about 79 baht (around 30 ribu rupiah). Actually the photo above wasn’t my drink, it’s my friend’s. Since it looked more pleasing, I took a photo of her drinks instead.

Photo by me

While resting ourselves, we took bunch of photos using my small tripod. After some minutes went by, I decided to once again explore the picture and take bunch of good pictures. But this time, there’s no me in the frames.

Photo by me

When it was finally about 6 pm, we decided to go to another place. It was nice spending some hours in there. The music that was played was also cool. It sounded cowboy-ish.

By the way, when I waited for my grab taxi, as I mentioned before, I found another cool place to take photos. But since it was already packed with a bunch of people, we didn’t pose there. We already took too many photos anyway.

Photo by me

Photo by me

We waited for about 10 minutes until my driver randomly canceled my booking. Despite that, I was lucky because I immediately got a new driver who was just in front of Chocolate Ville.

This was a nice trip. If I went to Bangkok again next time, would I go there? Yes, definitely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Fakta Seru Venesia yang Sering Banjir

Ruangan Paling Sepi di Dunia yang Bikin Pingsan

Review Buruk OYO Hotel Apartemen Enviro Cikarang