Fun Morning at Wat Arun Bangkok Thailand

You’re not going to Thailand if you don’t go to at least one of the temple right? Or is that only my logic? With that mindset, on my second day trip I went to old city to explore the temple. Wat Arun is our first stop. The temple that is locally known as Wat Chaeng is located on the west of the Chao Phraya River.

Such a beautiful temple (photo by me)

How did I get there?
After getting on at Phaya Thai BTS Station I got off at Saphan Taksin BTS Station. From there, I walked down the pier. I took the river boat for only 15 baht! If you’re not sure which one is the boat, look at the orange flag boat. That’s the right one. Or just follow the ticket counter that’s full of people. If you take the wrong boat, which is the tourist boat (blue flag) you’ll have to pay 40 baht. I was lucky because the moment I got there, the boat arrived. So I didn’t really have to wait in line. The boat was very packed and I didn’t get a seat. But I didn’t mind though, because I could just stand up and enjoy the river view. The breeze was refreshing along with the noisy sound of the boat. After stopping at some pier, I got off at Tha Tien Pier or Pier No. 8. And that’s how I got to Wat Arun. Super simple right? By the way, you’ll be in the boat for about 20 minutes, so if you’re someone who’s easily get seasick, this route might be a challenge for you.

Exploring Chao Phraya river (photo by me)

We arrived at Wat Arun at about 11 am. I knew most people went here at sunset because it looked beautiful around that time. But I figured, since the boat was only operated until 7 PM-ish, I had to go here in the morning. Because it was a New Year day in Thailand, there were a lot of festivals in there. I heard the monks were praying and there were MC who were talking continuously.

Of course the first thing I did when I arrived there was to find a cool photo spot.

Not really sure what it said there, but it must be a good message (photo by me)

This is my first photo there. I didn’t know what it was for but everyone took photo with it, so I might as well just do it too.

We then bought our ticket. It was pretty cheap though. One ticket for was sold for 50 Baht.

When we’re going in, I had to use my long scarf and wrapped it around my waist. That’s because the temple had a rule that visitors must dress politely. So no sleeveless top, short pant, and flip-flop. Because in the end, Wat Arun is a real sacred place that’s used for praying.

I took a lot of photos in there. Thanks to my friend for her patience and willingness to take billion pictures of mine. Here are some of the photos that turned out great.



All photos by me

I also asked a stranger to take 3 pictures of us. It turned out okay.

Could've been better, but this is still nice. (photo by me)

My attempted to take photos using my mini tripod. Of course, all was failed. (photo by me)

The weather was indeed very hot. After about 1 hour exploring Wat Arun, I went out and saw some of the souvenir shops around there. Since I didn’t like to shop, it’s clear that I bought nothing. But my friends though, they shopped a lot! Not for themselves but for their family and friends. After a bit of bargaining, and a lot of time spent for choosing the items, they got a pretty great deal I think.

We then decided to cross the river and went to the other temple on the other side of the river. (What a non-effective sentence though). But on our way there, we stopped at some street food stalls around Wat Arun. So many delicious food was sold. Because I was dead thirsty, I bought me some juice. If I’m not mistaken it was kiwi juice. So refreshing! I also bought a delicious warm roti egg for 25 baht. I thought, it was a nice light breakfast for me.

So that’s how my morning went on Wat Arun. It was no doubt, a nice trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Fakta Seru Venesia yang Sering Banjir

Ruangan Paling Sepi di Dunia yang Bikin Pingsan

Review Buruk OYO Hotel Apartemen Enviro Cikarang