Watching the Prettiest Ladyboys at Calypso Asiatique

For those who don’t know what is ladyboys, ladyboys is a term for guys who transgender into girls. They put on makeup, long hair, wearing skirt, and even do genitals plastic surgery to be girls. It’s not uncommon to see ladyboys in Thailand. I remember that many times I saw cashier or waitress that turned out to be ladyboys, or local calls it kathoey / katoey. Just like any other plastic surgery, some look extra ordinarily beautiful while other only look okay, even ‘meh.’

The fancy indoor of Calypso Ladyboys (my own photo)

There was a lot of cabaret show in which people can watch ladyboys performing. What I mean with performing is dancing and lip-syncing to the song, not actually singing. Several years back, I watched ladyboys cabaret in Phuket Simon Cabaret. It was amazing! So when I went back for the second time in Thailand, I had to watch another ladyboys show.

After searching on tripadvisor, or my favorite resources for travel realted experience, I decided to watch Calypso Ladyboys in Asiatique. I booked 1 day before the day and got my seat perfectly in the middle.
  
My beverage (my own photo)

The stage was a different from Simon, because Calypso was smaller and a bit more exclusive. When I sat down, a waiter came and immediately ask what I wanted to drink. I just casually ordered a nice cup of tea. Because the room was cold already and I didn’t want to be even more uncomfortable by drinking cold beverage.

While waiting for the show to start, I took some pictures of the room. The red light and dark ambience somehow made the room feel intimate and sophisticated.

After about 30 minutes, the show finally started. One by one the ladyboy came out and dancing while lip-syncing to the song. The song genre varied from pop, r&b, Disney, rock, and many more.
 
All the ladyboys there (my own photo)

Since it wasn’t my first time, I wasn’t as shook as I was before. I already expected them to look beautiful and pretty, which made me doubting the female gene of mine. They were all very skinny and had long legs. Such a model like figure.

Although still I could see a bit of masculinity in some of them, like broad shoulders and strong jawline.

Mimicking Beyonce the queen (my own photo)

Other than showcasing their beauty, Calypso Ladyboys also gave us a nice comedy scene. A chubby ladyboy came out and picked 1 victim from the audiences. She asked the guy audience to act with her and in the end gave him bunch of kisses. Of course, it left many lip stick all over his face.

The show last for about 2 hours, if I’m not mistaken. Of course it was a nice and unique experience offered from one of the most open-minded country, such as Thailand. It left a good impression from me and definitely made me more open-minded to how people live in other country.

The greatness (my own photo)

After the show has finished, all of the ladyboys were queuing and persuading the audiences to take photos with them. Of course, nothing came for free. Those who took photos with them had to tip them for at least 100 baht / person. If you don’t tip, expect some drama going on. Which I guess, something that you don’t want to be involved with in a new place, right?

Looking at the ladyboys from up close, made me realize the power of makeup…. and plastic surgery. Yes, some of them look unbelievably beautiful and feminine. But in my personal opinion, most of them still look manly and need those power of makeup to make them look feminine. That doesn’t make them look ugly of course, they’re still beautiful in their own way. However it made me realize that even surgeons can’t manipulate what has been given to you since birth, which was sex. Those masculine figures were still shown even after being disguised by thick makeup and long hair.

But, their body though! They were all tall and had long skinny leg. I really envy that part. I wish I could have their legs. Only their legs. Not to mention, their skin was very fine. It looked smooth and fair. It made me thinking that, they must be shaving every day. Unless they got laser treatment for body hair.

Will I go here again? It’s definitely a good show but my answer is no, unless they have new songs and dance moves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 Fakta Seru Venesia yang Sering Banjir

Ruangan Paling Sepi di Dunia yang Bikin Pingsan

Review Buruk OYO Hotel Apartemen Enviro Cikarang